Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Abroad Chronicles, VIII: OXFORD

After spending all of February at Keele, in the middle of March we finally ventured out and took a day trip to Oxford with the university's student support services. We didn't get nearly enough time in this little city but I'm ever grateful for the hours I did have.

Oxford is a college town, obviously, and it felt like one. Our first stop was Christ Church College, where they filmed some of Harry Potter. It felt a little like Hogwarts, to be honest.


England in bloom



CHILLIN at HOGWARTS
These are THE STAIRS from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone!!!!

(blurry) proof I have friends







Day trips are often difficult to describe. We have to see so much in a short amount of time, bound to the laws of transit, that very often the experiences slip through the cracks. Also, at this point in the day - after Christ Church College - I was growing weary, so my memory is hazy until after lunch.

We did get a little turned around, ended up too far from the city's center and re-routed ourselves to find a place to eat on High Street. We ended up first in a candy shop and later in a pub for food. Besides Christ Church College, I wanted to see the Bodleian Library and Blackwell's bookshop, but the library was closed and I spent my remaining time in this little city in the bookstore.

I hope to someday go back to Oxford and properly explore it, be it this later this spring or the next time I find myself here in England.








2 comments:

  1. Good post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumble upon on a daily basis. It will always be interesting to read articles from other authors and practice something from their websites...

    New Zealand education Consultants in Chennai
    Study in Europe Consultants in Chennai
    Study in Canada Education Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow super post Besides Christ Church College is very beautiful good work you are doing well

    ReplyDelete